Our Customer Care phone line will remain disabled during Alert Level 2. We are streamlining all customer queries through the Customer Care email firstname.lastname@example.org and queries will be responded to within 24 hours of receipt.
We’re all about embracing your soft bits but regular exfoliation and massage does have its benefits. Dry brushing only takes five minutes and it’ll help you achieve smooth, glowing skin. Sounds good, right? Here are the reasons why you need to get it into your daily beauty routine.
WHY YOU SHOULD BODY BRUSH
1. It removes dead skin cells and unclogs pores – leaving skin feeling softer and smoother.
2. Massage is said to help boost circulation and stimulate your lymphatic system.
3. Your moisturiser will work better because you will have brushed away dead skin cells.
CAN YOU BODY BRUSH IN THE SHOWER?
You won’t get the full benefits of dry brushing if you do it in the shower. The hot water can dry out your skin and exfoliation won’t be as effective. Yes, it might be chilly for five minutes in your undies, but trust us, it’s worth it.
You’ll need a brush with firm, natural bristles like our Cactus Long Handle Brush, to slough away those dead skin cells.
HOW TO DRY BODY BRUSH
1. Get naked or in your undies.
2. Start with the soles of your feet and legs, brushing upwards towards your heart in short, firm strokes – let the brush do the work – don’t press too hard as the bristles might scratch your skin.
3. Use circular motions on your tummy and armpits, instead of short, firm strokes.
4. When you get to your arms, begin at your hands and work the brush upwards.
5. Don’t brush on sore, irritated or sunburnt skin.
POST BRUSHING SKIN CARE
After body brushing, hop in the shower to wash away dead skin cells. After this, moisturise to soothe skin and replenish moisture.
If you’re lacking in time, try a Body Yogurt as they can be used on damp or dry skin, they absorb instantly, and your skin will feel super soft for up to 48hr. If you’ve got dry skin, then our hydrating Body Butters and Body Lotions are the ones for you. @Bodyposipanda opted for the Shea Nourishing Body Butter, which has a warm, nutty scent and indulgently rich butter texture.
BODY CARE ROUTINES
It’s time to embrace your body – imperfections and all – and give it the love it deserves.
HOW TO TACKLE DRY FEET
Our feet are always the most neglected. But it’s time we change that. Discover how to get softer feeling skin and keep your toes looking tip top all year round.
© 2020 The Body Shop International Limited
® A registered trademark of The Body Shop International Limited; A trademark of The Body Shop International Limited All rights reserved.
Registered Office: Watersmead, Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN17 6LS, United Kingdom; Registered in England No. 1284170
A The Body Shop Franchise owned and operated in New Zealand under license by OLT Retail Limited